- 1 desk
- 2 task chairs
- 6 stanchions
- Dell Alienware Aurora R7
- CPU - Intel i7-8700K
- GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
- RAM - 32GB DDR4 at 2666MHz
- 2 1920x1080 Dell Monitors
- HTC Vive
- Ask DMC staff member to bring the headset out of storage
- Unreal Engine 4
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Autodesk Revit
- Unity 2019
- Currently, we are not accepting walk-in use of the VR workstation under any circumstance.
- Please email Mario Norton at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Monday - Friday, 9:30AM - 4:00PM
- The DMC VR Workstation can be reserved and used only by Rice faculty, students and staff.
- Reservations are up to 4 hours.
- At least 2 users are required to be present if using the HTC Vive headset during the reservation.
- A maximum of 4 users are allowed at the VR workstation. (If you wish to request to bring a larger group, please contact a DMC staff member in advance to seek approval.)
- The DMC encourages collaboration, but please be mindful of noise levels when utilizing the VR workstation.
- Currently, we do not have any games/experiences installed on the station. For now, it is purely for academic use.
Station Check-in and Check-out
- Talk to DMC staff before beginning use of the VR station.
- Inspect the equipment before using, and immediately notify DMC staff of any issues.
- Wipe down the headset with the provided sanitary wipes.
- Ask DMC staff for help if you are in doubt when using the station.
- Tidy up the space when you are done.
- When finished, please return all items to the front desk for a DMC staff member to check them back in. You will need to stay present during the check-in process, so leave enough time.
- If the user damages the VR workstation equipment, they will be held accountable according to the same policies under DMC General Borrow Policies: Lost or Damaged Equipment.
- 3D Modeling
- Interactive software design
- Viewing architectural models in VR
- VR software design
For Use In Fondren