This free workshop series sponsored by Fondren Library and the Center for Research Computing provides hands-on training in the basics of organizing, documenting, analyzing, and visualizing your data. Come learn and enjoy free donuts!
Spring 2019 Short Courses
Using Excel to Manage and Analyze Data: Friday, February 15 ,10-11:30 a.m. OR Friday, March 1, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Introduction to Microsoft Access: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm OR Friday, March 1, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Data Management and Documentation
- Introduction to Data Management: Thursday, February 21, 2-3:30 p.m.
- The Absolute Basics of Jupyter Notebooks: Friday, April 12, 10-11 a.m.
- Introduction to R: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm OR Friday, January 25, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
- R Visualization and Data Manipulation: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm OR Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
- Python for Beginners: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm OR Friday, February 22, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
- Pandas and Data Visualization Basics in Python: Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 10:00am to 11:30am
Virtual Machines: Theory and Use Cases: Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 11:00am to 12:00pm
Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm OR Friday, February 1, 2019 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
News & Features
TRIAL: Oxford Bibliographies Online - Management
"Management is the process of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling an organization’s financial, physical, human, and information resources in ways intended to achieve and maintain organizational effectiveness.