1) World Newspaper Archive: African Newspapers, Series I, 1800-1922. This collection provides more than 40 fully searchable African newspapers published in the 19th and 20th centuries;
2) World Newspaper Archive: African Newspapers, Series II, 1835-1925. Series II delivers 40 additional African newspapers published between 1835 and 1925;
3) African Newspapers, The British Library Collection. This collection features 64 newspapers from across the African continent, all published before 1900.
To gain access, please go here: http://ezproxy.rice.edu/login?url=https://infoweb.newsbank.com/apps/readex/welcome?p=HN-AFRICA
African American Newspapers
1) Series 1, 1827-1998: This collection features 280 newspapers from 35 states, including many rare and historically significant 19th-century titles; and
2) Series 2, 1835-1956: This collection includes newspapers published in 22 states and the District of Columbia.
To gain access, please go here: http://ezproxy.rice.edu/login?url=http://infoweb.newsbank.com/?db=EANX&d_collections=EANAAA%7CEANAAA2
African American Periodicals, 1825-1995
This collection features more than 170 wide-ranging periodicals by and about African Americans.
To gain access, please go here: http://ezproxy.rice.edu/login?url=http://ezproxy.rice.edu/login?url=https://infoweb.newsbank.com/?db=EAPX
African History and Culture, 1540-1921
This collection covers the history of Africa and its diverse people and contains more than 1,300 books, pamphlets, almanacs, broadsides and ephemera.
To gain access, please go here: http://ezproxy.rice.edu/login?url=https://infoweb.newsbank.com/?db=AFRHCC&s_startsearch=keyword