Setting up an account for first time users or for renewing your digital subscription.
1) Go to http://accessnyt.com/
2) Search for and click the listing "Rice University" and follow the setup instructions.
3) If you are renewing your digital subscription, be sure to use your same account by clicking on "Already have an account? Log on here >>"
3) If you are setting up an account for the first time, you must use your Rice email for setup. For best practice choose a unique and secure password.
4) Confirm your email from the NY Times. If you don't see a confirmation email, check your spam filter (i.e. Proofpoint). To confirm your account has been successfully setup, go to the New York Times page and click on your user account in the top right corner. Go to My Account and you should see "Digital Subscription" listed under Subscriptions.
5) If you are renewing your digital subscription, be sure to log out and back in for any mobile apps.
Note: If you continue to have access issues, please contact Fondren Library at http://library.rice.edu/contact.
The library's subscription does not include any of the NYT games, including the NYT Crossword puzzle.
News & Features
New Trial: American Indian Newspapers
Trial Ends: Nov. 1, 2018
Rice StoryBox Events - Looking for Participants
StoryBox is a unique storytelling event that brings people together to ask big questions, share life stories, and illuminate what we have in common. We will be telling each other stories inspired by the theme of “Roots.”
How to Get Published - Publishing Workshop
Michael Sharp, Classics and Byzantine Studies Editor for Cambridge University Press, will give a presentation aimed at guiding you through the process of getting your first book or journal article published. The presentation will last approximately one hour, followed by ample time for questions. In addition to the presentation, students and faculty with publishing projects can schedule individual meetings afterwards for consultation on their work.