- The Shapiro Library Staff Innovation Award is an annual award that shall be presented to a library staff member or project group/committee who has "developed an innovative program to provide library services at Rice University or who has shown exemplary service to the University community."
- Nominations for the award may be made by any library employee, or other member of the Rice community. Self-nominations will also be accepted. The Nomination form can be submitted online. and should detail the innovative service program created or the involvement of the nominee(s) in the service of Fondren Library and the greater University community.
- The Award Selection Committee shall be comprised of one faculty member, one student worker employed by the library, and three members of the library staff. The staff members on the committee will be the chair of the Shapiro Award Committee (a member of the Library Travel and Development Committee) and two other staff members, one being a member of the professional library staff and the other a member of the paraprofessional library staff. The two staff members will be selected by the chair or co-chair of the Library Travel and Development Committee from a pool of volunteers. The chair or co-chair of the Staff Travel and Development Committee may act as the chair of the Award Selection Committee. Staff members serving on the Award Selection Committee will not be eligible for the individual award in years they are members of the committee. In the event of possible conflict of interest, an alternate will be chosen for voting purposes.
- The chairperson of the Award Selection Committee will determine the specific calendar for the award each year. (Nominations for 2017 are due Friday, May 5.) Nominations will be submitted to the chairperson of the Award Selection Committee. Nomination forms will be distributed to the members of the Award Selection Committee by the chairperson of the committee. The Award Selection Committee will make its selection of the recipient of the award by May 19, 2017. The Vice Provost and University Librarian will present the award in a public ceremony in May or June.
- The award may not be presented every year. The funds will remain in the endowment fund and be made available for use in a subsequent year.
News & Features
New Citation Report Formats from Web of Science
Web of Science (http://ezproxy.rice.edu/login?url=http://webofknowledge.com) is updating the format and functions of the citation reporting in June 2017
The Making of Modern Law: Trials, 1600-1926
"The Making of Modern Law: Trials, 1600-1926 describes the courtroom dramas that gripped American society, the British Empire, and the world.
Celebrate 50 Years of FDLP at Kelley Center for Gov. Info.
Help us celebrate our 50th Anniversary of Fondren Library's membership in the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP)!
When: May 31, 1:30 pm
Where: South Reading Room, Fondren Library First Floor