SAVE THE DATE:
Fondren Library is Launching a New Search & Discovery Platform
August 1, 2019
- Search books, ebooks, journals, articles, databases, archives, government information, dissertations, music, videos and more
- Browse and filter results with advanced subject areas
- Save, share, locate, and request items all in one place
- Personalize the interface and save searches
How does this affect you?
- OneSearch replaces the library’s Classic Catalog, EDS, e-Journal Portal and BentoBox search platforms
- Save your citations! Permalinks (URLs) referencing items from the Classic Catalog, EDS, e-Journal Portal and BentoBox will not be migrating to the new system, and will be expiring
- EndNote and Zotero citation software will need a simple configuration for the new OneSearch platform
- Future renewals, requests and recalls will be in the new OneSearch platform
- Users will continue to use ILLiad on Fondren’s website to request interlibrary loan material
- A Rice NetID login will be required to view and access Rice-Only subscription results
Dates to note
- April & May 2019 – Usability testing on the pre-production OneSearch
- June 21st – deadline for ordering new materials and course reserves, no new orders will be accepted until August 1
- July 9th – Technical Services freeze, no new items will be cataloged till after launch
- August 1st – OneSearch launches on the library’s homepage. The Classic Catalog, EDS, e-Journal Portal and BentoBox will be shut down.
- August 26th – First day of classes
Questions or Concerns
- OneSearch is a product from ExLibris called Primo.
- OneSearch for Fondren Library is currently under development. When we have a majority of our resources added, we will share a link to the beta version of the search platform.
- Fondren Library will post more information to this page as work progresses to the August 1 launch date.
Launch parties, training sessions and other activities are coming this summer!