Learn how to create new GIS vector data in the form of points, lines, and polygons.
Bringing Data Into ArcGIS Series
Learn how to map locations using street addresses (geocoding).
Learn how to line up images, such as aerial photographs, site plans and diagrams, with other spatial data in ArcGIS (georeferencing).
- Principles of georeferencing
- Locating reference GIS data
- Using the Georeferencing toolbar
- Selecting control points
- Finalizing the georeferencing process
Learn how to map locations by longitude and latitude (X,Y) coordinates.
- Formatting the raw data for import into ArcGIS
- Mapping the data by XY coordinates
- Exporting the data layer
- Symbolizing the data layer
Learn how to format tabular data, such as Excel and CSV files, for input into ArcGIS, as well as procedures for querying and mapping the data.