Multi-page scanner for scanning documents into PDF and Word files.
Available at DMC stations: 13 and 16.
Size: 8.5" x 14"
Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
Color Depth: 48-bit
Extras: Duplex scanning at 50/66 images per minute at 200dpi in B&W mode; up to 25 pages per minute; 50-page feeder tray
Recommended settings for *.pdf files:
- If the document has regular font size 12 pt. or higher, use B&W 200dpi.
- If the document's font is very small (i.e. smaller than 12 pt.), use B&W 600dpi to make the scanned PDF file legible
- If the scanned documents need to be OCR-ed, B&W 300dpi (preferred) or B&W 600dpi, either setting will work.
To reduce the size of a scanned PDF document, in Adobe Acrobat Pro, do one of the following:
- Run OCR : Click on Tools > Recognize Text, choose "In This File".
- or File> Save as > Reduced Size PDF...
- or File > Save as > Optimized PDF...