Trademark Basics from the USPTO's Trademark Office
Wednesday, September 16th, 1:30pm-3:00pm
Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- how trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- why it is important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- the importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used.
- what may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a "cease-and-desist" letter.
- information on what the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
News & Features
The Timeless Music Traditions of Korea - November 1
Opening and Lecture: Nov. 1, 2:30-4:30PM, Kyle Morrow Room
Chronicle of Higher Education Subscription
The Chronicle of Higher Education has the nation’s largest newsroom dedicated to covering colleges and universities.
New Trial: Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland
The Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland (RAI) is the world's longest-established scholarly association dedicated to the furtherance of anthropology (the study of humankind) in its broadest and most inclusive sense.