This hands-on workshop will introduce participants to open source 3D program Blender. This workshop is an introduction to Blender’s interface and will cover basic modeling techniques. Participants will learn to efficiently model in 3D while avoiding common pitfalls. This short course is intended for absolute beginners. The topics to be covered are:
- Modeling operations
- Polygon normals
- Types of polygonal faces (N-gons, Quads, tris)
- Smoothing operation
- Faculty, staff, and students at Rice
- Friends of Fondren Library members
- Limited to the available slots for each course.
- Priority will be granted in order of eligibility listed above.
- You will receive email confirmation immediately upon registering.
- You will receive email directions to the instruction room one business day before the course.
- All computers, software, and training materials will be provided. You do not need to bring anything with you.
- It is your responsibility to notify the instructor if you will no longer be able to attend.
- If you miss a course without notifying staff on the day of the course, your registration for all future courses will be canceled.