Please note: Onsite ILL services have been suspended at Fondren Library for participating institutions during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- University of St. Thomas
- Houston Baptist University
- Texas Southern University
- UH Central Campus
- UH Clear Lake
- UH Downtown
- Texas Tech University Architecture Department
- Rice faculty, students and staff may request Onsite ILL approvals.
- Users borrowing privileges will be reviewed by Rice University Access Services staff.
- An e-mail will be sent to the User notifying them of approval. Please wait for approval before visiting the lending institution.
- After receiving approval notification, a User may borrow a maximum of 4 Onsite ILL items from the lending University.
- Loan periods, renewal policies, and fines vary between the lending institutions. Please check the lending library’s website for more details.
- Please return borrowed Onsite ILL materials to Fondren Library. We will return the items for you, however we do not provide tracking information.
- Users may borrow items from Fondren's General Stacks or Business Collection.
- Users must check with their home University’s ILL department for borrowing approval from Rice University.
- Fondren is shipping items daily! For fastest delivery, please use your library's Interlibrary Loan service. If you have any questions, please have your University Library's Interlibrary Loan department contact us.
- Fondren reserves a limit of 4 loans per User.
- The total loan period is 16 weeks per item.
- All loans are subject to recall.
- Users must be in good standing with their University.
- Please return your Rice Onsite ILL materials directly to your home University's ILL department.
Users must show valid ID to borrow materials