Trademark Basics from the USPTO's Trademark Office
Wednesday, September 16th, 1:30pm-3:00pm
Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- how trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- why it is important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- the importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used.
- what may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a "cease-and-desist" letter.
- information on what the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
News & Features
Early European Books - Digitized Volumes
Early European Books presents treasured books from some of Europe’s most important libraries in beautiful high-resolution, full-color image
Nexis Uni for news, legal and business information.
New look, new features for Nexis Uni, formerly LexisNexis Academic, one of the library’s most comprehensive resources for news, legal and business inform