Setting up an account for first time users or for renewing your digital subscription.
1) Go to http://accessnyt.com/
2) Search for and click the listing "Rice University" and follow the setup instructions.
3) If you are renewing your digital subscription, be sure to use your same account by clicking on "Already have an account? Log on here >>"
3) If you are setting up an account for the first time, you must use your Rice email for setup. For best practice choose a unique and secure password.
4) Confirm your email from the NY Times. If you don't see a confirmation email, check your spam filter (i.e. Proofpoint). To confirm your account has been successfully setup, go to the New York Times page and click on your user account in the top right corner. Go to My Account and you should see "Digital Subscription" listed under Subscriptions.
5) If you are renewing your digital subscription, be sure to log out and back in for any mobile apps.
Note: If you continue to have access issues, please contact Fondren Library at http://library.rice.edu/contact.
The library's subscription does not include any of the NYT games, including the NYT Crossword puzzle.
News & Features
The Timeless Music Traditions of Korea - November 1
Opening and Lecture: Nov. 1, 2:30-4:30PM, Kyle Morrow Room