[Please note that some of these services, such as scanning, are not available while the Fondren Library building is closed.]
- Creating charts for small data sets
- Collecting research sources into Zotero library (up to 100 items)
- Scanning images, including slides and prints (up to 50)
- Scanning and editing images for publication (up to 30)
- Scanning some pages of a book (less than 10% or a chapter of a book)
- Editing snippets of audio/video (up to 30 minutes)
- Advising on standards and best practices for digital projects
- Checking out camcorders, cameras, and audio recording equipment for 7 days
The DMC maintains a small staff. It may take up to two weeks to complete your work depending on the complexity of the project and current demands on staff time. If you need to complete a project more quickly, you or one of your assistants are welcome to use the DMC's hardware and software and receive training in working with these tools.
Please note that all projects supported by the DMC must abide by Rice's intellectual property and computer usage policy. The complete text of Rice's Appropriate Use of Computer Resources Policy is online.
If you need to show video clips in your classroom, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from Learning Environments will be happy to discuss options. The DVD or VHS movie would need to be owned by either Fondren Library or the course professor.
Getting help elsewhere on campus:
- Educational Technology supports Rice's IT infrastructure for teaching and education; for instance, it maintains hardware and software in the labs and classrooms, oversees the campus's CampusPress university blog server, and maintains the Canvas server, a web-based course management application.
- Fondren Library's GIS-Data Center supports using geospatial tools and resources in research and teaching.
- To report a problem with an electronic resource, please contact the Fondren reference desk at 713-348-5113 or 713-348-5119.
- For video and/or audio recording of educational and instructional events, contact the Rice Learning Environments Productions team or fill out their Request Form.