Data @ Rice Workshop Series
This free workshop series sponsored by Fondren Library and the Center for Research Computing provides hands-on training in the basics of organizing, documenting, analyzing, and visualizing your data. Come learn and enjoy free donuts!
(Registration is limited to current Rice students, faculty, and staff or Friends of Fondren at the patron level and above. Please see Fondren Library's Short Course Registration Policy.)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want to cancel a class you registered.
Spring 2021 Zoom Short Courses
- Python for Beginners: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 @ 10-11:30 a.m.
- Python-Pandas: Friday, May 28, 2021 @ 10-11:30 a.m.
- Python Visualization with Matplotlib: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 @ 10-11:30 a.m.
- Python for Excel Users: Friday, June 4, 2021 @ 10-11:30 a.m.
- Census with Python: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 @ 10-11:30 a.m.
- Introduction to R Programming: recording available upon request
- R Data Manipulation and Visualization: recording available upon request
- R Visualization with ggplot: recording available upon request
- Intro to Predictive Modeling with Multiple Linear Regression: recording available upon request
- Containerized Data Visualization with Docker and Plotly: Friday, May 21, 2021 @1-2:30 p.m.
- Text Analysis Concept and Practice: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 @10-11:30 a.m.
Data Cleaning & Analysis
Other Learning Opportunities