Current Rice faculty, staff & students, retired staff, and faculty emeritus with active Rice NetIDs are eligible for interlibrary loan services.
Visiting Scholars, Complimentary Staff, Friends of Fondren, Inter-Institutional Grad Students, and members of the general public are not eligible for interlibrary loan services.
- Due dates are set by the lending library
- Renewals are not allowed at this time
- ILL Items can not be placed in Course Reserves
- Copyright laws apply to all materials
- Your account will be blocked if you have any overdue ILL items
- If a lending library bills us for a book they consider lost, we will forward it to the user on the account
Items Unavailable for ILL
- Rare items (microforms or scans may be available)
- Books in poor condition (as decided by lending library)
- Reference materials (encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc.)
Dissertations & Theses
- Check Proquest first before making a request for dissertations or theses. Many are available online.