Rice Disability Support Center has the following equipment available in the Fondren Library for Rice students and staff. Others needing access to this equipment should contact the DRC office at 713-348-5841 during regular business hours. Rice students and staff already trained in the use of the equipment may check with staff at the Circulation Desk to gain access to the room where the equipment is housed. Those needing training should call the DRC office at 713-348-5841.
Please note that the accessibility equipment and room are receiving regular COVID-19 cleaning procedures along with the rest of the library building.
- Closed circuit television for magnification of printed materials
- JAWS screen reading software
- Refreshable Braille display
- Kurzweil 3000 scan and read system for persons with learning disabilities
- Kurzweil 1000 scan and read system for persons who are visually impaired
- ZoomText software for screen magnification
- Braille embosser with Duxbury translation software
- TDD/TTY phones for use by the deaf