- Room dimension: 13’x11’
- 1 table
- 2 task chairs
- 1 mobile extending table (optional)
- An iMac
- Audient iD44 audio interface
- Shure SM58 Cardioid microphone (quantity: 4)
- Auray PFSS-55 Pop Filter with Gooseneck(quanity: 4)
- Ultimate Support Mic stand (quantity: 4)
- PreSonus HP4 - 4-Channel Headphone Distribution Amplifier
- Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Monitor Headphones (Black) (quantity: 4)
- A keyboard is available for checkout at the DMC.
- Zoom H4N digital audio recorders are available for checkout at the DMC, which can be used to record audio interviews with three or more people or phone interviews via Skype.
- HD Webcam is also available for checkout at the DMC, which can be used for video calling and recording.
- 25 inch flexible jaw long arm stand for Webcam, which enable the webcam to record downwards. This is useful when patrons want to record drawings on paper, or converts the webcam to a document camera.
- Users can also bring in their own equipment to record.
- Adobe Audition
- Garage Band
- Camtasia for Mac
- OBS Studio (Open Source Broadcaster Software)
- The DMC Audio Studio can be reserved and used only by Rice faculty, students and staff.
- The rooms are available for booking during the DMC open hours.
- To reserve the studio, go to https://rooms.library.rice.edu/Web/?. Log in with your NetID and password, click on AV Studios. Reservations can be made within 3 days in advance.
- Reservations are up to 4 hours.
- One reservation per day. A second reservation made to extend the use of the studio requires check in and check out of original key at the DMC Desk to avoid an overdue fine from the initial reservation.
- Unclaimed reservations will be released after 30 minutes.
- Late fees - $5/hour.
Studio Check-in and Check-out
- Whether you have reserved the studio or you are a walk-in user, come to the DMC service desk to check out the key to the studio.
- Ask DMC staff for help if you are in doubt when using the studio.
- Tidy up the space when you are done.
- Return the key to a staff at the DMC service desk.
- recording voice over narrations with Audacity/Garage Band
- recording audio only interviews with Audacity/Garage Band
- developing video tutorials with screen capture software Camtasia
- creating illustrative or animated videos with Camtasia, PaintBrush, and Wacom Intuos4 Digital pen table
- authoring music scores with GarageBand
- video conferencing with Zoom or Skype
- other creative uses of the Recording Booth
- broadcast presentation using OBS
Click on DMC Gallery to see how people used DMC Audio Studio.