- Room dimension: 13’x11’
- 1 table
- 2 task chairs
- 1 mobile pedestal
- 1 mobile extending table (optional)
- An iMac
- Shure SM58 Cardioid microphone (quantity: 2)
- Ultimate Support Mic stand (quantity: 2)
- Apogee Electronics ONE USB Audio Interface for iPad & Mac + Apogee Electronics Duet Breakout Box
- A keyboard
- A Zoom H4N digital audio recorder is available for checkout at the DMC, which can be used to record interviews with three or more people or phone interviews via Skype.
- Users can also bring in their own equipment to record.
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam
- Adobe Audition
- Garage Band
- Camtasia for Mac
- OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software)
- The DMC Audio Studio can be reserved and used only by Rice faculty, students and staff.
- The rooms are available for booking during the DMC open hours.
- Reservations are up to 4 hours and can be made a month in advance.
- Check reservation status at http://dmc-reservations.rice.edu/Web/view-schedule.php
- To reserve the studio, fill out the online reservation form.
- Reservations will be processed within one business day.
- Unclaimed reservations will be released after 15 minutes.
- recording voice over narrations with Audacity
- recording audio only interviews with Audacity
- developing video tutorials with screen capture software Camtasia
- creating illustrative or animated videos with Camtasia, PaintBrush, and Wacom Intuos4 Digital pen table
- authoring music scores with GarageBand
- video conferencing with Skype
- other creative uses of the Recording Booth
- broadcast presentation using OBS
Click on DMC Gallery to see how people used DMC Audio Studio.