The Rice University, Fondren Library, GIS/Data Center provides library patrons with access to GIS software and supporting hardware, to data resources, and to print and digital map resources.
The Center offers assistance and various types of instruction in using and selecting appropriate resources for the information need. The primary patron base served is the Rice community.
*GDC COVID-19 Lab Procedures*
This guidance is to address the health and safety of GDC Staff and Patrons using the GDC Lab during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Face coverings are mandatory for GDC Staff and Patrons.
- GDC Lab hours are reduced to 10:00am to 4:00pm. Please note: we have a small student staff so hours may vary.
- GDC Lab use is available for both online reservations and walk-ins. Reservations will take preference. https://library.rice.edu/services/book-gisdata-center-lab
- Patron lab session may not exceed one hour.
- No more than two Patrons are allowed access to the GDC Lab at a time and must use designated workstations.
- Only one Patron per workstation at a time. Patrons working on group projects should use Zoom to collaborate during lab session.
- Rolling plexiglass shield must be used when GDC Student Staff assists Patron at workstation.
- Sanitizing wipes are available and workstations will be sanitized after every use.
- Hand sanitizer is available and should be used by GDC Student Staff and Patrons.
Thank you for helping to keep the GDC Lab running safely!
Our Services, Requests and More
Address & Location
Located in Fondren B40
Part of Digital Scholarship Services (DSS)Fax: 713-348-5902 Mailing Address:
GIS/Data Center MS-255
P.O. Box 1892
Houston, TX 77251-1892