Trademark Basics from the USPTO's Trademark Office
Wednesday, September 16th, 1:30pm-3:00pm
Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- how trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- why it is important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- the importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used.
- what may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a "cease-and-desist" letter.
- information on what the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
News & Features
Nexis Uni for news, legal and business information.
New look, new features for Nexis Uni, formerly LexisNexis Academic, one of the library’s most comprehensive resources for news, legal and business inform
The Books That Shaped My World, featuring David Leebron
Please join the Friends of Fondren Library for The Books that Shaped My World, Featuring David Leebron, Rice University President.
Research Computing / Digital Scholarship Workshops
The Rice Digital Humanities (DH) group, in partnership with the Center for Research Computing (CRC), Fondren Library and the Humanities Research Center (HRC), will continue its series of hands-on workshops this spring semester.