- Room dimension: 13’x11’
- 1 table
- 2 task chairs
- 1 mobile pedestal
- 1 mobile extending table (optional)
- An iMac
- Shure SM58 Cardioid microphone (quantity: 3)
- Ultimate Support Mic stand (quantity: 3)
- Apogee Electronics ONE USB Audio Interface for iPad & Mac + Apogee Electronics Duet Breakout Box
- A keyboard
- A Zoom H4N digital audio recorder is available for checkout at the DMC, which can be used to record interviews with three or more people or phone interviews via Skype.
- Users can also bring in their own equipment to record.
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam
- Adobe Audition
- Garage Band
- Camtasia for Mac
- OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software)
- The DMC Audio Studio can be reserved and used only by Rice faculty, students and staff.
- The rooms are available for booking during the DMC open hours.
- To reserve the studio, go to https://rooms.library.rice.edu/Web/?. Reservations can be made 3 days in advance.
- Advance reservations can be made a month in advance by filling out this form http://library.rice.edu/requests/study-room-advance-reservations.
- Reservations are up to 4 hours.
- One reservation per day. A second reservation made to extend the use of the studio requires check in and check out of original key at the DMC Desk to avoid an overdue fine from the initial reservation.
- Unclaimed reservations will be released after 30 minutes.
- Late fees - $5/hour.
Studio Check-in and Check-out
- Whether you have reserved the studio or you are a walk-in user, come to the DMC service desk to check out the key to the studio.
- Ask DMC staff for help if you are in doubt when using the studio.
- Tidy up the space when you are done.
- Return the key to a staff at the DMC service desk.
- recording voice over narrations with Audacity
- recording audio only interviews with Audacity
- developing video tutorials with screen capture software Camtasia
- creating illustrative or animated videos with Camtasia, PaintBrush, and Wacom Intuos4 Digital pen table
- authoring music scores with GarageBand
- video conferencing with Skype
- other creative uses of the Recording Booth
- broadcast presentation using OBS
Click on DMC Gallery to see how people used DMC Audio Studio.