The dimension of the room is 22’x16’, the room is 9' high.
Equipment in the studio:
- 5 ceiling mounted LED lights and 4 LED lights on stands.
- 1 LED Panel Light - 6,500K color temperature.
- Green screen
- 1 green wall - 16'x9"
- 1 green curtain - 9'x10'
- 2 3-Pin Male to Female XLR Audio Extension Cable
- 1 stool
- Whiteboard on casters
Equipment reserved for the studio for 4 hour in-house checkout:
- 1 Sony HXR-NX5U NXCAM Professional Camcorder
- 1 Sony ECM-44B omnidirectional Lavalier mic
- 2 Sennheiser Camera Mount Wireless Microphone Systems with ME2 Lavalier Mic
- 1 Sennheiser MKE-600 Shotgun Microphone
- 1 Nikon D610 DSLR Camera
- 1 Nikon AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
- 1 Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.8G
- 1 Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.8G
- 1 Bescor LED-500K 2 Light Studio Lighting Kit (i.e. 2- LED-500 LED Lights, 2- Light Stands (6.0'), 6,500K Color Temperature)
- 1 Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head and 546B Tripod System with Carrying Bag
- 1 Manfrotto 131D Side Arm 2016
General Policies and Procedures
- Only Rice students, faculty, and staff may reserve and use the rooms.
- The Rooms are available for booking during the DMC open hours.
- Reservations are up to 4 hours and can be made a month in advance.
- Patrons are welcome to use the room with their own equipment. Alternatively, patrons may also check out equipment from the DMC. For a full list of equipment that can be checked out to be used in the studio, refer to the Details section on this page. All equipment are 4 hours in house use only through regular check out from the DMC service desk. A valid Rice ID is required to check out the equipment.
- Check reservation status at http://dmc-reservations.rice.edu/Web/view-schedule.php?sid=5
- To reserve the studio, fill out the online reservation form.
- Reservations will be processed within one business day.
- Unclaimed reservations will be released after 15 minutes.
Can be used for:
- conducting video interviews
- taking portrait photos
- skid performances
- creative uses
Click on DMC Gallery to see how people used DMC Video/Photography Studio.