Collection Development Subject Librarians
Building and preserving the Fondren Library collections involves a group of more than fifteen subject and area specialists. These librarian specialists, who serve as liaisons to each academic department on campus, are available by e-mail, phone or appointment to assist you.
- Purchase materials upon your recommendation
- Answer reference questions or refer you to someone who can (also see the library research guides)
- Prepare printed and electronic library guides
- Teach our students how to use various electronic media
- Advise where and how to identify materials relevant to teaching and research
- Attend departmental meetings to discuss library resources, services, and off-site selection guidelines for materials in your discipline
- Please click here for the librarian contact for your research center or institute.