Rice University and Fondren Library are pleased to provide a room for nursing mothers.
The Mothers' Room (Fondren 411) is available for Rice Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors to feed and care for their infants or pump milk. Ask for the access code at our service desks to use the room.
Together with the other lactation rooms on campus, the Fondren Mothers' Room seeks to make Rice campus a friendly and accommodating space for parents and their infants.
Comments or concerns about the room? Please contact us.
- Fondren 411
- Fourth Floor near Elevator A
- The code to open the Mothers' Room can be obtained from any service desk.
- Please remember the Mothers' Room is only to be used for pumping and/or nursing.
- Sink, soap and towels
- Drying rack
- Refrigerator for storing milk
- Microwave for sterilization
- Changing table
- Nursing pillow
- Storage cubes
- Dimmable/adjustable lighting
- Portable privacy screen