Discussion will primarily cover an overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Other topics may include why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP and some resources and assistance available through the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Attendees should have basic mastery of keyboard/mouse skills and familiarity with Internet browsing to best appreciate and benefit from the course.
- Independent inventors/entrepreneurs in the community. This course is free and open to the public!
- Rice students, staff and faculty.
(Academic IP researchers can contact the Kelley Center at email@example.com to discuss alternative class arrangements.)
Advance registration is required. If you need to cancel your reservation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so people on the waiting list can take the class.
- It is your responsibility to notify the instructor if you will no longer be able to attend.
- If you miss a course without notifying staff by the day of the course, your registration for all future courses will be canceled.
- There is no charge.
- Online via Zoom. Link will be sent to registrants in advance.