Zotero 6 was released in March 2022, which was claimed as the biggest upgrade in Zotero’s history. This workshop will walk you through how to use the built-in PDF viewer and the new note editor, the two most exciting features of Zotero 6. Meanwhile, it helps you learn how you can use Zotero 6 as your all-in-one research application, which means to use it in your whole workflow of reading, annotating, note-taking, and drafting/outlining.
Specifically, the following topics will be covered:
- how to use Zotero’s built-in PDF reader to mark up PDFs with highlights, notes, and image annotations
- how to add annotations to Zotero notes with automatic citations
- how to cite other items directly in notes
- how to insert notes into your Word with active Zotero citations.
- how to use the standalone note in a separate window for drafting/outlining.