- An iMac
- Audient iD44 audio interface
- 4 Shure SM58 Cardioid microphones
- PreSonus HP4 - 4-Channel Headphone Distribution Amplifier
- 4 sets of Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Monitor Headphones
- A USB piano keyboard is available for in-house checkout at the DMC
- A Zoom H4N audio recorder can be checked out for use as a secondary recording device for interviews
- Users can also bring in their own equipment to record
- Adobe Audition
- Camtasia for Mac
- OBS Studio (Open Source Broadcaster Software)
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Room dimension: 13’x11’
- 1 table
- 4 task chairs
- 1 mobile extending table (optional)
- The DMC Audio Studio can be reserved and used only by Rice faculty, students and staff.
- The rooms are available for booking during the DMC open hours.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance using the self-booking feature in Primo.
- Reservations are up to 4 hours.
- One reservation per day. A second reservation made to extend the use of the studio requires check in and check out of original key at the DMC Desk.
- Unclaimed reservations will be released after 30 minutes.
Studio Check-in and Check-out
- Whether you have reserved the studio or you are a walk-in user, come to the DMC service desk to check out the key to the studio.
- Ask DMC staff for help if you are in doubt when using the studio.
- Tidy up the space when you are done.
- Return the key to a staff at the DMC service desk.
- recording voice over narrations with Audacity/Garage Band
- recording audio only interviews with Audacity/Garage Band
- developing video tutorials with screen capture software Camtasia
- creating illustrative or animated videos with Camtasia, PaintBrush, and Wacom Intuos4 Digital pen table
- authoring music scores with GarageBand
- video conferencing with Zoom or Skype
- other creative uses of the Recording Booth
- broadcast presentation using OBS
Click on DMC Gallery to see how people used DMC Audio Studio.