Backdrops and Backgrounds
- Green painted wall for chroma keying (16'x9')
- Black and white fabric backdrops (10'x12')
- 12' wide black and white paper backdrops
- 9' wide dark blue backdrop
- 6 Aputure Light Storm LS 60d LED lights
- Accessories: Aputure Light Dome II (34.8" diameter) circular soft box with optional grid, barn doors, color gel holders with 2 sets of gels
- Neewer 18" LED Ring Light
- Accessories: white or amber diffusion covers
- 2 ceiling-mounted Fiilex P360S LED Lights with controller for supplementary backdrop lighting
- Rolling whiteboard (3' x 4' writable surface)
- Rolling table (6' x 3')
- Adjustable height rolling stool
- Upholstered high-backed chair
Equipment Available for In-House Use (4 hour checkout)
- 1 Sony HXR-NX5U NXCAM Professional Camcorder
- Note: This camera includes a Sony ECM-XM1 condenser shotgun mic that requires 48Volts phantom power.
- 1 Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head and 546B Tripod System with Carrying Bag
- Equipment reserved for the studio for 4 hour in-house checkout. A valid Rice ID is required to check out the equipment.
- Patrons are also welcome to use the room with their own equipment.
- Use of smoke/fog machines, pyrotechnic or incendiary devices of any kind, or open flames are prohibited in the studio.
- The DMC Video Photography Studio can be reserved and used only by Rice faculty, students and staff.
- The rooms are available for booking during the DMC open hours.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance using the self-booking feature in Primo.
- Reservations are up to 4 hours.
- One reservation per day. A second reservation made to extend the use of the studio requires check in and check out of original key at the DMC Desk.
- Unclaimed reservations will be released after 30 minutes.
- Whether you have reserved the studio or you are a walk-in user, come to the DMC service desk to check out the key to the studio.
- Ask DMC staff for help if you are in doubt when using the studio.
- Tidy up the space when you are done.
- Return the key to a staff at the DMC service desk.
- conducting video interviews
- taking portrait photos
- skid performances
- creative uses
Click on DMC Gallery to see how people used DMC Video/Photography Studio.