Discussion will cover:
- An overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
- Why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP.
- Resources and assistance available through the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Attendees should have basic mastery of keyboard/mouse skills and familiarity with Internet browsing to best appreciate and benefit from the course.
- Independent inventors/entrepreneurs in the community.
- Rice students, staff and faculty.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online. If you need to cancel your reservation, please send an email to email@example.com, so people on the waiting list can take the class.
- There is no charge.
Zoom (virtual meeting). Links will be sent to registered participants a few days in advance.