The Library Service Center (LSC) is a high-density library materials shelving facility located away from the main University campus. Important, but infrequently-used materials are provided long-term housing in environmental conditions optimum to preserving library media.
Items housed in the LSC have a location designation within the online catalog of
- Library Service Center
- Library Service Center-WRC
- Library Service Center-Restricted Use
- Library Service Center-Linked to Series
LSC retrieval is provided for all library users, and deliveries
- are processed Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except University holidays)
- will be available the next business day after 2pm (we will deliver up to 25 items for any requestor per working day)
- may be picked up at the Circulation Desk. Please call 713-348-4021 to confirm delivery
- will be held at the Circulation Desk for 10 days
- Rice faculty, students, staff and staff may use the Rice ILLiad system to request digital delivery of journal articles and book chapters (up to 50 pages in length, 10 requests per day)
- Rice faculty, students, and staff, should use the "Request Item" button that appears in OneSearch next to items that may be physically retrieved. (For Faculty, students and staff a Rice NetID login is required for requesting items, as well as using online renewal of library materials. Friends of Fondren users should login with their Friends card ID and PIN number.)
- FOFL members may use the webform or the online catalog to request items for checkout.
- Members of the general community without borrowing privileges may use the webform to request items for use in Fondren Library.
DO NOT use this form to retrieve items:
- that are checked out by another library user (items with "Due: [date]" in the location field of the catalog)
- Retrieve items checked out by signing in to OneSearch, then clicking on the blue Request Recall of Item button in the web catalog, or by contacting Circulation at 713-348-4021.
- with the location LSC-WRC
- Contact Woodson Research Center at 713-348-2586
Last Updated on Old Website
updated & accessibility checked