The Friends of Fondren Library Memorial & Honor Gifts Program provides funds for the purchase of books, manuscripts and electronic materials that are needed to support teaching and research at Rice University. Generous support from individuals like you enables us to provide and maintain excellent resources for students, faculty and the community.
For every donation of $50 or more, a personalized bookplate will be affixed to the inside front cover of a newly acquired volume in the library collection. For gifts under $50, your contribution will be added to the general Gifts & Memorials Fund for purchasing library materials. Individuals being honored and the families of those who are being memorialized will receive a note acknowledging your gift.
Under Internal Revenue Service guidelines the estimated value of the benefits received is not substantial; therefore, the full amount of your payment is a deductible contribution.
The Honor with Books program of the Friends of Fondren Library provides a meaningful way to celebrate a special person in your life while making an important contribution to the Fondren Library collection. Consider making a donation in honor of a loved one, friend or colleague on:
- special occasions such as birthdays, graduations, weddings, personal achievements, professional honors, holidays
- or just to say thank you.
To Make a Honor with Books Gift:
- Make your gift online at fondrengifts.rice.edu
- Use the printable Gifts & Memorials form (see the Download File below)
- Or, contact us to receive by mail a Gifts & Memorials Packet, which includes donation forms and envelopes.
For more information about the program or to request a packet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-348-5157.
Thank you for your support!