The Library Service Center (LSC) is a high-density library materials shelving facility located away from the main University campus. Important, but infrequently-used materials are provided long-term housing in environmental conditions optimum to preserving library media.
Items housed in the LSC have a location designation within the online catalog of
- Library Service Center
- Library Service Center-WRC
- Library Service Center-Restricted Use
- Library Service Center-Linked to Series
LSC retrieval is provided for all library users, and deliveries
- are processed Monday-Friday (excepting University holidays)
- will be available the next business day after 2pm (we will deliver 25 items per working days)
- may be picked up at the Circulation Desk. Please call 713-348-4021 to confirm delivery
- will be held at the Circulation Desk for 10 days
- Rice faculty, students, and staff may use the Rice ILLiad system to request digital delivery of journal articles and book chapters (up to 50 pages in length, 10 requests per day)
- Rice faculty, students, and staff, and anyone with borrowing privileges, should use the "Request Delivery of Item" link that appears in the online catalog next to items that may be physically retrieved. (A Rice NetID is required for requesting LSC deliveries, as well as using online renewal of library materials.)
- Members of the general community, without borrowing privileges, may request items for use in Fondren Library, using this web form.
DO NOT use this form to retrieve items:
- that are checked out by another library user (items with "Due: [date]" in the location field of the catalog)
- Retrieve items checked out to another by clicking on the blue Request Recall of Item button in the web catalog, or by contacting Circulation at 713-348-4021.
- with the location LSC-WRC
- Contact Woodson Research Center at 713-348-2586