- Reservations may be made by Rice faculty, staff and students with an active netID.
- Members of the Friends of Fondren Library at the Patron Level or above may reserve a study room:
- 2 reservations fall semester
- 2 reservations spring semester
- Reservations must be made at least 3 business days in advance through the FOFL Executive Director
- Reservations up to 4 hours
- Patrons may only have one reservation at a time. A second reservation may be made once the key for the first reservation has been checked out. Extending the use of a room requires a second reservation and check-in of the original key at the Circulation Desk to avoid an overdue fine from the initial reservation. The key will then be re-checked out to the patron for the second room reservation made.
- Reservations can be made 3 days in advance
- Unclaimed reservations will be released after 30 minutes
- Study room key late return - $5/hour fine
- NOTE: You will not be able to make a study room reservation if your library account is blocked due to fines or overdue items. Contact Access Services on the First Floor of Fondren Library to clear your account.
- If you need to leave the building, Circulation will hold your study room key for 30 minutes. If you are not back to pick up your key by then, it will be checked in to allow other students to use the room. Fondren Library is not responsible for personal belongings left in study rooms.
- Library staff sound alarms and verbally notify users before library closings. Study Room keys must be returned to the Circulation Desk 15 minutes prior to library closing to avoid overdue fines.
- Rooms 156, 201 or 601, our largest study rooms, may be made more than 3 days in advance.
- Room 332, a music only, keyboard practice and study room (not soundproof) may be reserved more than 3 days in advance.
- DMC Audio Studio B42D and DMC Video & Photography Studio B42E, may be reserved more than 3 days in advance. Please stop by the DMC Service Desk to check in and out of the studios.