Dear Rice Student,
Thank you for your interest in joining the Fondren Library Ambassador Program!
Library Ambassadors are undergraduate and graduate students who primarily promote library resources and services to the campus community. They also may engage in conversations about Fondren Library, and advocate for the perspectives of student library users.
Ambassadors will foster communication, increase awareness of library services and resources throughout the university, and serve as a "voice" for their fellow students. Ambassadors are paid for their time, and will on average work 4 hours per month on library marketing, primarily to call out library events/programs/services in the colleges at lunchtime.
Goals of the Program:
- To market and promote library resources, services, workshops and events on campus.
- To educate students about what the library can do for them.
- To obtain input from students in order to facilitate planning.
Duties and Responsibilities may also include:
- Act as liaison between fellow students and Fondren Library.
- Provide feedback on library services and/or suggest new services.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of library events (participation is encouraged).
- Market and promote library resources, services, workshops and events on campus.
- Help staff tables during annual events such as library scavenger hunts, and the Academic Advising Information Fair.
- Serve as an advisory group to the UX Office.
Ambassadors are expected to serve for one year, from the start of the Fall term to the end of the Spring term. We are looking for a few new students to start in Fall 2017.