Kelley Center Service Change Notice
- Starting January 24, 2022, Kelley Center will provide:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, any time. Phone: 713.348.6212, 9am-12pm, 12-1 lunch break, 1pm-4pm, M-F. If no one is available to reply your call right away, please leave a voice message, including your name, contact, and question. Office Visit (Room 38, basement, Fondren Library): M-W, 10am-12pm, 1pm-3pm. (Note: Our staff availability and schedule are subject to change without notice.) To avoid any time conflict and secure your meeting spot, or if you need assistance outside the schedule listed above , please fill out Kelley Center Online Request Appointment Form to schedule an appointment ahead of the time. Kelley Center staff can also be better prepared to assist you.
- The onsite appointment stays in consistency with Fondren Library's building access policy, which is subject to change without notice. Please visit Fondren Library's homepage for the updates.
- Weekends and holidays: closed.
- Kelley Center Reference Desk is closed until further notice.
- Kelley Center tangible collections and equipment are in the public area. You are welcome to use it. They are easily accessible any time when Fondren Library is open (click here to check the updates of Fondren Library Hours). No staff permission is needed to use it. Floor maps, public signs, and paper instructions are available near the collections and equipment to guide you. If you notice anything on the Kelley Center floor maps/public signs/paper instructions that needs to be clarified or updated, please email email@example.com. We will work on it.
Since 1967, Fondren Library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the Government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code).
The mission of the FDLP is "provide free, ready, and permanent public access to Federal Government information, now and for future generations." (FDLP Mission, Vision, & Values)
The vision of the FDLP is to "provide Government information when and where it is needed in order to create an informed citizenry and an improved quality of life." (FDLP Mission, Vision, & Values)
The Kelley Center for Government Information, Data and Geospatial Services in Rice University's Fondren Library strives to achieve the mission and vision through:
- Access: No fee access for anyone, from anywhere, to use Kelley Center's Federal depository resources or services.
- Collections: Tangible and online collections of official Federal information dissemination products built to support the needs of Rice and community users.
- Collaboration and Communication: A strong depository library network built on transparent, open communication and collaboration between and among depository libraries, Federal agencies, and GPO.
- Expertise and Professionalism: Dedicated and knowledgeable staff in depository libraries; dedicated to the mission of the FDLP, to increasing their knowledge, and to their profession.
- Service: Enrich one’s library experience by providing quality user‐centric services - instruction, reference assistance, research consultancy; strong commitment to service.
- Stewardship: Good stewards of the resources entrusted to us by the American people.
Kelley Center further assists the research and instructional needs of the Rice faculty and students by providing access to and assistance with the Library's large research collection of microform materials. Kelley Center also provides access to and assistance with maps and a large, uncataloged collection of AEC/Department of Energy documents. Kelley Center collaborates with other departments of the Digital Scholarship Services to assist the Rice community with applying computer technologies to access and use government information resources in tangible and electronic formats for instruction, research, and publication.
In addition to serving as a federal depository library for the 7th Congressional District of Texas, Fondren is a patent and trademark resource center.
Our Services, Requests and More
Address & Location
Located in Fondren Basement
Fondren Library buidling is closed due to Covid-19 pandemic. Kelley Center staff now works from home 8:30am-4:30pm, M-F. Email Kelley Center staff via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You may also email us to request online research consultancy or instruction via Zoom. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will restore full access until further notice. Meanwhile, you still can use Kelley Center's website and online Libguides as self-help for searching and using government information. We keep maintaining and updating our Libguides.Fax: 713-348-5902 Mailing Address:
Kelley Center for Government Information, Data and Geospatial Services
P.O. Box 1892
Houston, TX 77251-1892