The Friends of Fondren Library (FoFL), founded in 1950, is dedicated to stimulating growth in library resources and facilities for the 21st century. The Friends seeks to heighten community and alumni interest in Fondren Library and to support academic programs at Rice University by funding library collections and facilities.
- FoFL is the library's card holding membership for which members receive Fondren Library borrowing privileges for a one year renewable term.
- FoFL provides resources to purchase materials and equipment for the library to improve the facility and develop the collection.
- FoFL sponsors a gifts and memorials program that provides the library purchasing power beyond its university allocations. The library's gift program raises funds for the purchase of otherwise unattainable books, manuscripts, and CDs.
- FoFL publicizes the library's resources and services through the News from Fondren. and the Friends' discontinued newsletter, The Flyleaf can be found in the Rice Digital Scholarship Archive.
- FoFL sponsors programs for the community such as lectures and a special reception honoring Rice authors, editors, artists, and composers.
- FoFL organizes special fund raising events benefiting the library endowments and programs.
Phone: (713) 348-5157
Friends of Fondren Library MS-245
PO Box 1892
Houston, TX 77251-1892
Regular Office Hours (please call to make an appointment)
|Mon - Fri:||9:00 am-4:00 pm|