The Research Data Services team assists Rice researchers (including faculty, research staff, and students) with all phases of the research data life-cycle, including acquiring, cleaning, organizing, processing, analyzing, visualizing, preserving, and sharing data.
It brings together experts from Fondren Library, the Center for Research Computing, and the Office of Research to coordinate services and support for research data, consult with researchers, facilitate training (including for graduate and undergraduate students), study user needs, and advise on and promote the infrastructure for data.
We offer consultations by appointment, Monday through Friday, on Zoom or in person.
For more information about the stages of the data life-cycle, view the following guides:
We teach a variety of workshops and can customize workshops to meet course needs.
Our team supports best practices in data management, storage, and sharing.
- The Center for Research Computing provides assistance with storage of research data through their Research Data Facility.
- View options and guidelines for storing non-regulated data in the CRC's Research Data Facility.
- Rice's Digital Scholarship Archive (RDSA) is an institutional repository for intellectual output, including research data.
- Access guidelines for storing and sharing data in RDSA.
- Submit your dataset to RDSA.
- View recommendations for citing datasets.