This free workshop series sponsored by Fondren Library and the Center for Research Computing provides hands-on training on the basics of finding, managing, analyzing, visualizing, and sharing data as well as in using research computing resources.
Workshops are held online in Zoom unless noted otherwise.
To register, click the Calendar of Events button on this page and select Data@Rice as the event type. Select the course and complete the registration form.
Registration is limited to current Rice students, faculty, and staff or Friends of Fondren at the patron level and above. Please see Fondren Library's Short Course Registration Policy.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or want to cancel a class you registered.
Fall 2022 Schedule
- Introduction to data analysis in R (in-person): September 14, 12-1:30 pm
- Introduction to data analysis in R (online): September 15, 12-1:30 pm
- Introduction to SQL: September 20, 12-1 pm
- Remote access to Research Computing resources: September 22, 12-1 pm
- Intermediate data transformation and visualization in R (in-person): September 28, 12-1:30 pm
- Intermediate data transformation and visualization in R (online): September 29, 12-1:30 pm
- Research data management: October 4, 12-1 pm
- Interactive data visualization with Plotly: October 18, 12-1 pm
- VRDE system for secure data: October 27, 12-1 pm
- Build an app in a container, and deploy it: November 1, 12-1 pm
- Getting ready for the new NIH Data Management and Sharing policy: November 2, 12-1 pm
- Introduction to Python: November 29, 6:30-7:30 pm
- Excel Pivot Tables: Asynchronous course available anytime on Canvas