This free workshop series sponsored by Fondren Library and the Center for Research Computing provides hands-on training on the basics of finding, managing, analyzing, visualizing, and sharing data as well as in using research computing resources.
Workshops are held online in Zoom unless noted otherwise.
To register, click the Calendar of Events button on this page and select Data@Rice as the event type. Select the course and complete the registration form.
Registration is limited to current Rice students, faculty, and staff or Friends of Fondren at the patron level and above. Please see Fondren Library's Short Course Registration Policy.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or want to cancel a class you registered.
Spring 2023 Schedule
- Introduction to R (online): 1/23 at 12-1 pm
- Research Computing Services: Storage, VM's, Supercomputers, and Data Transfer (online): 1/25 at 12-1 pm
- Intermediate data transformation in R (online): 2/6 at 12-1 pm
- Python for absolute beginners - Part 1 (online): 2/8 at 6:30-8:00 pm
- Python for absolute beginners - Part 2 (online): 2/15 at 6:30-8:00 pm
- Intro to SQL (online): 2/15 at 12-1 pm
- Research data management (online): 2/24 at 12-1 pm
- Basic statistics in R (online): 3/6 at 12-1 pm
- Visualizing data with ggplot in R (online): 3/10 at 12-1 pm
- Docker Part 1: Introduction to Docker (online): 3/15 at 12-1 pm
- Docker Part 2: Containerizing a Data Viz App (online): 3/16 at 12-1 pm
- Intermediate Python: TBD
- Excel Pivot Tables: Asynchronous course available anytime on Canvas. Register here and click Enroll.